The Association was formed on 20 April 1882 under the name of ‘Linlithgowshire Bowling Association’  with a name change to’ West Lothian Bowling Association’  taking place in 1999. Its birth took place in the Star and Garter Hotel in Linlithgow when the 6 founding Clubs were Armadale, Bathgate, Bo’ness, Kirkliston, Linlithgow and Queensferry all of them still members today and throughout the whole period of the Association’s 128 years existence.

The conception of the Association actually took place at the Star and Garter Hotel a few months earlier on 30 August 1881 when the offer of a Challenge Trophy from Lord Rosebery was accepted and first played for in 1882. This then is the origin of the “Rosebery Cup” which is still played for today amongst the Association’s 35 Member Clubs and is regarded as the Association’s premier trophy.

HISTORY

Website Design Software NetObjects Fusion
palace